Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Dirt & good days

I played in the dirt again today, and it was wonderful! 
I used to think that Fall was my favorite season, and while I do love it, I must admit that spring is pretty wonderful, too. 
Spring is the time when I plant and transplant, water and hope & pray whatever I've stuck in the ground grows. Most does, thankfully. Trees, bushes, plants, cacti, seeds, seedlings, bulbs...I am not partial to any as I enjoy planting them all. 
Sometimes I think I find more joy in the planting than in the plant reaching maturity!
I would love to have a small, lush, tropical-like garden here, but I know that will most likely never happen because I, uh, live in the desert. But still...I can dream and I can try to bring a little green beauty to my little yard. 
Anyway, it was a good day because I played in the dirt. Actually, any day that I get to play in the dirt is pretty okay in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment