Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Unbreakable

I had you pegged from the get-go...
I saw the real you hidden in the depths of your eyes,
felt the sting of your poison tongue,
carried the cracks and bruises of your less than kind touch.
For years you told me how weak I was,
and you went on to tell others how mentally and emotionally unstable I was
when I spoke out against your cruelty, your deception, 
your desire to play both sides against the middle
while you came out smelling like a rose.
You've mocked me,
made fun of me,
put me down,
criticized me,
belittled me,
whittled away at my self-esteem 
and done your damnedest to break me.
That was, after all, your goal...
To break me; 
To render me weak and useless;
To make certain that no one ever believed a single word I said
and to question everything I ever did...
assigning your own evil, ulterior motives to me,
even if they did not fit...
No one ever got close enough to me to know if these things fit or not.
Your silver tongue made certain of that.
You find your courage in a bottle...
that same bottle contains the only strength that you will ever have,
and your lies and games are the only personality that you've ever possessed.
Your life is based on jealousy and tearing those stronger than you down...
You have no other motivation; 
no other driving force.
And if anyone challenges you, calls you out, or even attempts to kindly correct you,
the fangs and claws come out and you go into attack mode,
dangerously insane,
wanting that person's very life extinguished...
Your hatred knows no bounds.
Your vindictiveness is your god.
Your evil spills forth like a gangrenous wound, 
effecting everything about you...
only you are too used to the putrid smell
and blind to the necrosis you are causing & allowing to consume you.
You've chosen this course
and one day you will stand before G-D...
I wonder...
What will your excuses be then?
What kind of games will you try to play at that final reckoning?
Will you shout that G-D is crazy? Will you scream to all that G-D is unstable?
Will you curse Him with that poisonous tongue of your's?
Will you assault Him with your words and fists?
Will you burst through the gates of Hell and tell wicked lies about Him in your vindictiveness, mock Him and make fun of Him, belittle and criticize Him, and spread all manner of lies around Hell as you attempt to slander Him?
I'm sure that if you have easy access to your alcohol,
you will be just fine...
No matter how hot it might be in Hell,
alcohol is where your strength lies;
your vindictiveness will always be there to comfort you 
for you have always found such pleasure in giving misery to others,
and I'm most certain you'll be in ecstasy when all of that misery comes back to you!

Just remember...
You can not break me
because I am not yours to break.
Before I was connected to you in ANY way,
G-D created me by His design, at His time,
and called me His own.
Long before you knew, 
I asked His Son into my heart,
and through every single abusive word, action and deed you've thrown at me,
Jesus has been here...
Through ever hurt, every wound, every crack, every cry, every tear...
Jesus has been here to comfort me and remind me that I am His!
You can lie to imperfect and willingly ignorant people,
but you can not lie to The Son of G-D!
My strength comes from Him.
My endurance was fashioned by the stripes that Jesus bore.
My hope is in my Father in Heaven,
and my JOY comes in knowing that Jesus has already won this battle.
After all, 
it is not ME that you are trying to kill...
It is the Jesus in me that the Satan in you wants to destroy!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment